Vandalism on company grounds is a common frustration for many business owners. Getting rid of graffiti and vandalism can be costly, not to mention a lot of hassle. After cleaning up one incident, another one appears on your walls and windows. There are safeguarding solutions, such as lighting up the property, CCTV monitoring, or putting up high decorative hedges, to discourage the vandalizing intruders. However, despite these efforts, some intruders still find ways to create yet another graffiti.
To help you find the right solution for your business, we listed below a few strategies on how to prevent graffiti and vandalism in your establishment.
Install Graffiti-Preventing Film
An anti-graffiti film is an invisible film that can protect your glass windows or walls from tagging and damage. With a special adhesive, professionals can easily remove the layer containing the graffiti and vandalism. A new layer can thereafter be applied to provide better protection, as well as a cleaner look for your establishment’s external surfaces. It can be installed on your exterior surfaces, such as glass and stainless steel.
Install Impact Protection Features
On top of applying the anti-graffiti film, it is best to add another feature to get the utmost protection for your walls and windows. An impact protection feature is a good addition to anti-graffiti film since it increases the durability of the glass surface. This will save you from high maintenance costs because of possible glass replacement. The powerful impact protection can also save you from potential break-ins as it makes the glass harder to break than regular surfaces. It is even durable enough to withstand blasts from explosions or high-magnitude earthquakes.
Apply Graffiti Preventing Coatings
There are various paints and coatings available to help prevent tagging on a wall. These preventive coatings provide a good economical solution to prevent spray paint from adhering to the surface of the glass. This takes away the chance of intruders to create another graffiti on your premises. You can choose between three products that have different features, such as permanent, sacrificial, and semi-sacrificial.
A permanent shield can completely protect your establishment’s exterior from spray paint. Meanwhile, a sacrificial coat provides a layer that can be removed easily if vandalized. Then, a semi-sacrificial coating works as a primer that protects the pores of the surface of the glass or steel.
Provide a Variety of Barriers
A simpler method for protecting your business establishment from vandalism is providing a variety of barriers on your premises. You can add barriers in the form of dense foliage, such as shrubs or hedges. Not only will they shield your property from the public eye, but they will also look pleasing to the eye of customers or clients. You may also opt to design your gates or fences. Through this, vandals will not even attempt to climb over your high fences. This will save you from repairing the vandalism or other damage caused by intruders.
A great way to ensure that no graffiti and vandalism ruin the exterior of your business establishment is graffiti-preventing film. If you’re looking for an anti-graffiti film in Brisbane, get in touch with Cooltone today. We’ll be happy to help!
Changing your curtains or your window blinds is the best way to redecorate your windows. However, if you want to be unique, you can try being more creative with your window film. Nevertheless, you will soon find out that changing your window film is not just for decorative purposes. Let us check out the fantastic benefits of window films for your window.
Hide the Items Behind your Pantry
Using glass for your cabinet doors is popular. However, seeing the items behind those glass windows could be extremely ordinary. Using window films to cover up the kitchenware and other items in your pantry could add up a new twist to your space. This is a simple strategy to make your pantry look tidier. Also, the right kind of window film can help match the design of the cabinet doors, which will add appeal to your overall kitchen decor.
Privacy to your Shower
Glass doors in your shower are a classy idea for your bathroom. It gives the impression that this area is for everyone. This is best for newlyweds. However, later, if you need a little more privacy as the family grows, adding up window films to the sliding glass door of your shower room would be an excellent decorative idea. You could also save money from changing your shower door entirely with this strategy.
Control the Glare From Skylights
Skylights and high accent windows can provide natural lights in your home. However, too much UV rays may come in with this design. Most window treatments to solve this problem can be pricey. You can easily use window films to control the glare that gets in your house. You can still have that natural light without spending too much on other window treatments.
One-Way Mirror Privacy
If you want to have some privacy but still see what’s going on in one part of your house, you can have a one-way mirror installed in this area. This way, you can have that privacy without obstructing your view. This will give you that espionage feels, like the interrogation rooms from those thriller movies. It doesn’t just add up to your privacy, too, but it also provides you with a better monitoring advantage to your house.
Privacy despite Sidelight
Having a sidelight is a great decorative idea. However, it can make your home vulnerable to nosy neighbours. They can easily see what’s going on inside your house. Having window films can give you the desired lighting effect and privacy you need. Make sure you choose a finish that can creatively complement how your front row looks like.
Glass doors can make your house look classier than usual. You can find glass doors in antique shops that can add up to your home’s character. However, if you need privacy or if you need to control the UV rays that come into the house, then putting the right style of window film is the best solution. It has excellent decorative, privacy, and UV ray control benefits that can make your house more efficient.
If you’re looking for a professional window film service in Brisbane, Cooltone is your best option. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help.
When wanting to upgrade your windows, it is best that you install window tints that change the opacity of the glass and reduce the sunlight that enters your home. While placing window films is as easy as mounting it onto the glass, it pays to hire a professional to perform the task for you.
The main reason for this is that is the window tint is not installed by a professional or experienced installer a wide range of things can go wrong, one is bubbling the other is the tint applied is not suitable for what you are aiming to achieve (privacy or heat reduction etc) – these are just some genuine reasons as to why its a professional skill and recommend you hire a professional.
How to install window tints properly
There’s no unified way of installing window tints. Some films have an adhesive that becomes sticky upon getting wet. Because of this, the shades work like a wallpaper that stays in the glass after evenly spraying the window with water. Meanwhile, other films need heat to activate the adhesive on the back of the film.
It’s not enough to find a heat source and stick it onto the window. Instead, specialized tools and training help ensure that there are no air bubbles against the glass. This concern is the reason to delegate the task to a professional window tint installer. They ensure that you receive the best results by completing the process quicker and without any concerns.
Six benefits of window tints
- Keeping it cool – These tints help maintain cooler room temperatures by blocking a portion of the sun’s rays, especially ultraviolet radiation. In return, your home’s interior remains comfortable even during the intense summer heat.
- Save on electricity expenses – Aside from cooling your home, window tints can also reduce your energy bills, especially if you live in warm-weather areas. A study revealed that window tints can reduce energy consumption by about 30 per cent annually, which is a considerable sum of money. In the long run, the savings on electricity will compensate for the costs of installing window films.
- Maintain your air conditioning’s smooth operation – With window tints, you can afford to switch off your central air conditioning to maintain the room temperature. The air conditioning system will also function for an extended period because it’s not subject to wear and tear. With lower electricity rates and lesser need for air conditioning repairs, you will be able to delegate the extra money to other expenses or your savings.
- Boosts your property’s value – If you are looking to sell your property, window tints can add extra dollars to its value. Likewise, an energy-efficient home due to window films is a fantastic selling point, which increases the odds of selling quickly.
- Protects your furniture – Since window tints filter up to 99 per cent of UV radiation, your furniture will not fade due to sunlight. In contrast, energy-efficient windows can only block up to 40 per cent of the radiation, which is still harmful to your floors and other coloured surfaces.
- Shields your skin from damage – You can still get sunburn even if you are inside your house. Window tints block harmful ultraviolet radiation that can cause skin cancer after constant exposure. Prevention is the only way to address this concern because there is no treatment for the damage inflicted on your skin.
A window tint installer you can trust
With close to four decades of experience, Cooltone provides quality window tinting for homes and commercial buildings. We stay on top of the latest window film technological advancements and have one of the largest ranges of films on hand and available for install. Our team of installers have years of experience between them and can tackle any job with professionalism, care and skill.
Speak to one of our consultants today to find out how we can help.
Window tinting has been widely talked about these days. A window tint is less porous than glass, so it doesn’t get dirty easily. For this reason, a window tint doesn’t require as much cleaning and maintenance when compared to normal windows. However, when the time comes, cleaning your tinted window films is imperative.
The good thing is, cleaning tinted windows is a relatively easy process. All it takes is cleaning with warm water and a mild detergent to keep your window tinting in good shape and condition. Take note that any abrasive cleaners, blades, or rough sponges are not advisable to be used in cleaning the window tints.
Below are common window tinting types. Keep on reading to learn four cleaning tips for your window tints.
- Cleaning Window Film
The rule of thumb with cleaning window films after tinting installation is to wait a week after installation to clean your tinted windows. As part of the curing process, you shouldn’t wash your window until the film has had enough time to cure. Once cured, take note of the following:
- Prepare a mixture of dish soap and water
- Apply the cleaner of your choice with a soft, lint-free cloth
- Don’t use paper towels or other materials that might leave streaks behind
- Use a rubber squeegee but be gentle and careful not to damage the film
- Cleaning Decorative Films
It’s worth knowing that a decorative film is more durable than other types of tinting. For this reason, regular cleaning is not necessary. Also, it is made up of vinyl material, so dirt and smudges aren’t noticeable. Consider the following cleaning tips:
- Use lint-free cloths with mild soap and water. Other cleaning detergents like bleach or Windex can peel off the window tint
- Using rough sponges or harsh cleaning agents is not advisable
- Cleaning Solar Tinting
Solar tinting is made from polyester material, meant to block UV rays and heat. However, it isn’t as durable as a decorative film. It is thinner and more transparent than other tints, allowing you to see the dirt and dust. That given, make sure to observe the following cleaning tips:
- You might have to clean this type more than other types using the same cleaning solution and cloth material
- Ammonia-based cleaners can discolour or ruin the film’s adhesion
- Cleaning Security Film
Security films are much clearer than other window tints that look almost the same as the regular glass. It allows sunlight into your home while providing extra protection. When it comes to cleaning, consider the following tips:
- Clean as often as you would clean your normal window glass. It’s not hard to see smudges, dirt, and dust on this window film
- Use lint-free cloths and mild detergents same as other window tinting types
- Avoid ammonia-based cleaning products
There are several different types of window films available in the market today. We hope that the quick cleaning guide provided above for some of the most common types will help you perform the needful. Though your tinted window films require less maintenance, they deserve a little cleaning as well to be in good shape and to last for as long as possible.
Cooltone are Brisbane’s leading window tinting and films specialists, contact us for all your commercial and residential projects.